Coronavirus (Covid-19) Statement
All Plumbcity locations are OPEN for business
Plumbcity is OPEN to serve our valued customers. We look forward to helping you and your business. Contact your local Plumbcity for details of opening hours. Let’s help keep safe together.
Plumbcity Chelmsford / Ipswich / Stevenage / Sudbury
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 7am-5pm – Sat: 8am-12pm
All other Plumbcity locations
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 7.30am-5pm – Sat: 8am-12pm
We ask everyone who visits our locations or receives a delivery from us to work together to ensure all measures are followed to keep everyone safe.
Please help us follow current safety guidelines when visiting us. Always maintain safe social distancing, sanitise your hands regularly and wear a face covering over your nose and mouth to help prevent transfer of germs.
Pre-Arranged time slot booking for collection of goods – Phone / Email orders:
To reduce waiting times at the trade counter (especially in mornings and afternoons) – it is advised for customers to contact their local Plumbcity via email or telephone beforehand to arrange a convenient time slot for collection. A member of the team will then advise a time when your order is ready and can be collected.
Plumbcity bathroom showrooms are OPEN
Our showrooms are open. You will need to book an appointment before visiting any of our showrooms.
Offering a safe environment in which to design your dream bathroom and to get your project moving again.
Contact your local Plumbcity for more information BEFORE visiting our showrooms:
– Pre-booked design consultation appointments available
– Initial browsing visit appointments available
✔ No queues and strict limits on the number of people in the showroom at any point in time.
✔ Sanitiser stations at regular intervals throughout the showrooms.
✔ Safety precautions will ensure that whilst you can sit and design your bathroom with one of our showroom advisors, a safe distance will always be maintained.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: to book an appointment you must not have symptoms and can confirm you have not been in contact with anyone who has displayed symptoms of COVID-19.
For bathroom design consultations you will be required to contact your local Plumbcity to book an appointment BEFORE VISITING a Plumbcity bathroom showroom in your area.
Keeping our customers safe:
The health and well-being of our staff and customers is our top priority. We are following government and medical advice to put safety first when servicing our customers.
As well as following all official guidance, we’re regularly updating our employees with health and safety advice, while putting in place necessary working arrangements alongside travel and site restrictions.
These measures include:
• Added extra hygiene measures and increased cleaning across all of our sites and providing extra hand sanitiser gels and wipes for all customer-facing teams
• Distancing measures are also being undertaken at all locations
• Cancelling all non-critical business travel
• Cancelling or postponing all employee events
• We’ve implemented additional hygiene and distancing measures in our businesses, including providing extra hand sanitiser gels and wipes, to help keep our staff and customers safe while we provide product and service information, and support
• Customers who require a trade counter service will be served but at a distance and where possible through the warehouse door
• Telephone orders are preferable, and we will ensure they are ready to collect, or we will happily deliver to site (always following recent safety advice)
• All coffee machines and customer toilets will remain out of action until further notice
• Where possible some of our teams may be working from home – in that instance they will have access to the network in order to ensure quotes can be undertaken, stock levels are maintained and service levels kept at the highest possible level
Work carried out in people’s homes, for example by Plumbers carrying out repairs and maintenance, can continue, provided that the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms. Again, it will be important to ensure that Public Health England guidelines, including maintaining a two metre distance from any household occupants, are followed to ensure everyone’s safety.
No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, and where the tradesperson is willing to do so. In such cases, Public Health England can provide advice to tradespeople and households.
No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has Coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
All of the above is in constant review to ensure that we continue to trade in the safest manner and in accordance with the latest Government advice.
Full official government advice regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) can be found HERE